ELVAlliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

showin off a bit

5 posters

Go down

showin off a bit Empty showin off a bit

Post  DevilsOwn Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:43 pm

kay, gotta be a way to get a pic on this site....

kay, got it..... came out a bit large.... this was done by my cousin for my mom, it's me and my granddaughter, Seph

showin off a bit Meandseph
DevilsOwn
DevilsOwn

Location : Legends... sometimes Skara Brae, sometimes Grimswind Ruins

Back to top Go down

showin off a bit Empty Re: showin off a bit

Post  Penderrin Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:58 pm

Smile
Could be twins eh?

Penderrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Adorable!~

Admin
Admin

https://elv-alliance.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsOwn Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:59 am

a bit of background

my grandbabies are in Texas ~ Seph, age 7, Rone, age 5 and Cotton just a year old

since Seph was a year or two old my daughter, Jen, has had a Xanga page to keep the far-away granma up to date on growth and adventures...... her tales and descriptions are pure delight..... I give you yesterday's entry (this bit was after some pics of them at the park, playing in the sprinklers)

Lest you think it's all fun and games here, I'll let you know about a recent Cotton-tastic event. She loves the trash, and for some reason instead of getting a garbage can she can't open I mostly put the can where she can't get it. I forgot to do this one night after supper.

The kids had eaten Valentine's candy for dessert, for once getting the wrappers into the trash can. On top of the styrofoam tray the chicken had come home from the grocery store in. The gross, slimy, wet, drippy styrofoam tray. And Cotton, naturally, found the candy wrappers and half eaten candy, all conveniently located in one germy spot. After a minute or two of hearing a crackly sound I can't place, I go in the kitchen, and sort out what's happened. Cotton spits out a candy heart, and cries when I take all of her wrappers away. The ones she's so carefully extracted from the biohazard disaster of a trash can.

I plunk her on the counter and try to sort out what to do. Can't rinse her with bleach. Baby wipes? Not strong enough. Clorox wipes? Too strong. So I wash her off, and dry her. Chance comes up with the best plan we can think of, which is , "Feed The Baby Garlic". It's an anti-fungal, might be anti-bacterial, and it's pretty much not only the best, but the only, idea we have. So Cotton went from trash-candy to plain white rice mixed with chopped up raw garlic. Which she loved enough to eat a whole bowl of.

This is what passes for parenting around here. Sprinklers in February, and the garlic cure.
DevilsOwn
DevilsOwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:12 am

That is too funny! I miss those days..slimy garbage and all : )

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uriah Heep Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Yeah, she has a great sense of humor and way of presenting day to day life. Always good for a chuckle!!

Uriah Heep

Back to top Go down

Post  DebconLady Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:36 pm

I LOVE THAT GIRL and her Stories!!!

I'm sure we have all eaten something out of the trash at some point in our lives! And Look.......WE LIVED!!!

*Hugs*
DebconLady
DebconLady

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsOwn Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:27 pm

it's me again, showin' off the grandbabies.... Cotton and her big brother Rone

showin off a bit Roneandcotton
DevilsOwn
DevilsOwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Uriah Heep Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:49 pm

They are sooo cute!

Smile

Uriah Heep

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:10 pm

They are adorable! Worthy of showing off : )

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsOwn Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:37 pm

from Jen's xanga page today....

We can hope this is the first and last time we see Cotton doing this:

showin off a bit Cottoncop
DevilsOwn
DevilsOwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Uriah Heep Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:01 pm

affraid

LOL

Uriah Heep

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:04 pm

LOL she is just too darned cute!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsOwn Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:02 am

Jen is firmly convinced that Rone will someday be a lawyer and she encounters evidence of this at every turn.... her webpage entry from last Wednesday:

Talking with Rone

Rone has always been a lawyer looking for loopholes. It's just getting more elaborate as time goes on. The accompanying gestures that go with his tried and true phrases, "Do you remember that you said..." "You promised if I did this.." add to the hilarity. Or the frustration. One of those.

Today, I was trying to get across a point of etiquette regarding sleepovers. Specifically the conversation went as I relate below.

Me: "When you get hurt you don't need to scream your head off. Instead of yelling, you can just ask Miss Amy for an ice pack, or a medical adhesive strip (name omitted so the Feds don't come get me to see if I'm some sort of paid shill), or whatever you need. That's all."

Rone: "Ok."

Me: "Because, the yelling, it's so loud. And it surprises, and sometimes scares other people. So if you could just try to speak more normally, that would be good."

Rone: "Ok."

He walks out of the room, and comes back with:

"Except for if I'm on fire, right? I can yell then."

Sure. Of course you can. Yell your lawyering little head off, loophole boy!
DevilsOwn
DevilsOwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Uriah Heep Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:35 am

In case of fire...

LOL

Ya gotta love it!

Uriah Heep

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 am

Oh..I love this kid!

*** your Jen is a good Mom!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsOwn Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:48 pm

showin off a bit Cottonpirate
DevilsOwn
DevilsOwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:23 pm

What a cutie! Cotton? She looks like one happy little pirate

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsOwn Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:49 pm

I always thought acting was a prerequisite for an eight year old girl, and not really something they needed to study, it simply came naturally..... apparently I've been wrong about this, Seph has joined an acting class, and they recently put on a few plays... Jen sent a link along so that I could see all the pics and try to find Seph (not as easy as you might think, the place is full of little blonde haired beauties!) and this is the picture that stopped me Wink

Jen reports that Cotton remained seated and quiet throughout the entire perfomance, but when it came to the part where they all came out and took a bow she simply had to get to her sister for a hug

showin off a bit Ohmighosh
DevilsOwn
DevilsOwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh Dev..that is breathtaking! thanks for sharing : )

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsOwn Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 am

my daughter is kinda Erma Bombeck.... with an edge Wink

Yield and Void

I believe that even more important than healthcare is a national review of what traffic signs mean. Because I appear to be the only one over the age of three or so reading them (S-T-O-P! That says STOP! 3 year olds love traffic signs!).

Today I yielded, then went when it was clear. The person on the other side of the road, with the same instructions, paused, evaluated the occupied lane, and decided she was more important. Then, realizing her error, decided to try my lane. Happily, she was driving a Mustang, so I knew to be ready for nonsense.

At this precise moment, Rone made a bizarre noise. So while I'm looking for room to dodge the idiot that doesn't involve a concrete barrier, I'm also trying to sort out what is wrong with him. Turns out he's panicked, not because Mom is swerving around, but because Cotton is throwing up. And throwing up. And then more throwing up. She's much calmer than Rone about it, though, because she's chosen this 90 second segment of time to be as helpful as she can. While throwing up.

So I try to explain to Rone that yelling won't help, while yelling at the idiot in front of me who has now slowed from 50 to 15 to ponder the entrance to the Wal-mart. Decision made, she now speeds off, only to stop short at the Chick-FilA (Cotton is beginning to seem irritated with the stop-and-go) where the Noontime Nugget Rush has taken a strong hold on the entrance, which is 2 cars wide. Which makes the third car, stuck in the middle thinking he's going to pass, very angry and beepy.

We pause a moment to admire the crazy, then move on to the bank parking lot, far away from both the chicken frenzy and the Mustang, to mop up as best we can with some baby wipes. Rone doesn't throw up from the smell, Cotton doesn't cry too much, and we all head carefully home, obeying all the traffic signs.

Yield. The triangle one. It's even for Mustangs, people.
DevilsOwn
DevilsOwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum